Can't get timer to work...

Firemeboy

I've got a timer that counts down. When the timer reaches zero, all zones are moved to inactive, and a message is supposed to be displayed to the player. However this does not occur. Looking at the message log, it appears that the timer stops, but no message is ever sent to the player after a sufficient amount of time.

Wondered if anybody has had similar issues, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

I changed from a countdown to a 'tick', and it now works. Not sure why the countdown didn't work.

That's the right way to do it. A tick event will occur for countdown and interval timers. A countdown will cause only one tick event and an interval will cause many tick events. The stop event occurs when a timer is explicitly stopped in the script.

David.

Ah, there was my error. I had the actions falling in the stop timer, assuming when the countdown hit zero it stopped. Instead I should have put it in the tick section. I only need one tick, so I will change it back to the countdown, but move the actions to the 'tick' section.

Thanks!

i have a problem with the timer

i play a little sound(aprox 10 seconds)

i want to open a messagebox after 10 seconds

i have the following code:

play sound

start timer(countdown 10 seconds)When a timer tick event occurs open a message box

everytime the messagebox opens directly when the soundfile starts. what am i doing wrong?