"New Cache" list - distance to request

HopsMaltYeast

In my weekly email from Groundspeak/GeoCache - which I really enjoy - there is a list of upcoming activites and new caches close to my location. It very helpfully includes distance and direction to the activity or cache.

When I request a list of caches close to my location or close to any point on the GeoCache site it also gives a distance measurement and direction in the left most column.

Would it be possible (not too difficult) to add this feature to the "List newest in (my state)" link that shows up to the right of the page when I go to "my account" in the "Search Options" box?

Florida is a big state and many of the newest caches are very far from me. The only way to determine the location is to click on each cache link and look at the included map.

Thanks in advance - it is small potatoes to do the clicking thing - love the site and love GeoCaching.

HMY

If you become a Premium Member, you can sign up for Instant Notifications to get an email as soon as a new cache is published in your area. That membership also gives you access to Pocket Queries. Those give you lots of data, and using third-party software, like GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife), you can filter the caches by distance or direction or any number of other factors. :D

You can also set up a PQ for "Caches that haven't been found yet" so you can check for brand new caches in that search area any time you want to. :D

If you become a Premium Member, you can sign up for Instant Notifications to get an email as soon as a new cache is published in your area.

Thanks Miragee - I am guessing that since the service is currently available in one form in the premium side that it is unlikely to be made available on the free side.

That makes sense. (Business sense)

I've been thinking of becoming a premium member - not so much for the added benefits - more for helping support a great site and community. I am really enjoying this "sport/hobby/obsession. It only seems right to help support it even though I can do all I want to do without contributing.

Cheers,

HMY