Stopover at LAX

ace862

Tomorrow (Jan 10th) I am on my way to New Zealand but I have a 10hr stop over at LAX. I don't know if it will even be feasible or not but if I can find somewhere to store my luggage for a bit I'd like to get in a cache or two. Any suggestions? Will I be able to walk to any around the airport? I've never been to LA before except for a previous stopover and then it was only a couple of hours and I didn't leave the airport. I'd even meet up with anyone who'd be interested in helping me out. Like I said, I'm not sure if it will even work out but feel free to send an email through GC or PM me and I will give you my contact info.

Thanks. :)

I actually met up with a Geocacher from Australia who had a similar layover while traveling to New York. I picked him up from LAX at 8pm and gave him a 5hr tour of the city. I wish I saw this sooner or I could have offered the same.

If you need a place to store your luggage, use a free shuttle to one of the nearby hotels (Airport Marriott or similar) and ask the bellhop store your luggage (tell them you are checking in later if they ask). Then head out and find caches. Heck with that much time, just rent a car for 1/2 day and drive around finding caches. A cheap 1 day rental would be $30 or so.

Edited by ShowStop

Thanks for the reply ShowStop. I had thought about doing some of the things you suggested but in the end I just stuck it out in the terminal. On the plus side, I did meet a very attractive Australian women to chat with and pass the time. So I guess it wasn't a total loss. :D Now I'm waiting for next fight here in Fiji. Unfortunately I'm stuck in the transit lounge. It looks gorgeous here. Auckland should ge great though too.

I should have posted a message sooner. I'll know better next time.

Thanks again!

Cheers!