Groundspeak & Garmin Meet & Greet Event

Lizzy

Well, I went. Passed the cutest TB onto Kelia - Pleasure to meet the crinkly, haunched over avatar in person. (He ain't So bad :) )!

While the new unit was nice, I told myself that it was beyond my intellectual well being and that with That kind of money, I Could buy a rather handsome fistful of geocoins :smile: ! - - - It Was So cool, though - Maybe later, when I have the courage and braveness to explore the depth of my cranium, I'll buy one. After all, it is capable of being used for the car driving, Also - It just won't talk to you :):) .

I would have liked to meet this "meet the crinkly, haunched over person', but I don't leave my swamp much.

But I did hear my name being mentioned! :)

With the possible tax rebate check coming this summer...I know what ours will be used on! We're supposed to stimulate the economy with it, right?

I think its our Patriotic duty, I for one am going to fulfill our esteemed Presidents request and spend it on a Colorado. (and by then all the quirks will be worked out)

I might have to borrow the above to help convince my wife ;-)

After reading a number of the reviews and hands on testings of the 400 (t, I believe) in regards to geocaching, I was all ok with not getting a Colorado. Garmin's just getting my new Vista HCx to work more like I expect!

But after the Wherigo demo, once the wrinkles get smoothed out in that, well, I'd reconsider. By the end of the demo I'd gotten used to the controls and was ready for more.

Well, I went. Passed the cutest TB onto Kelia - Pleasure to meet the crinkly, haunched over avatar in person. (He ain't So bad :) )!

While the new unit was nice, I told myself that it was beyond my intellectual well being and that with That kind of money, I Could buy a rather handsome fistful of geocoins :D ! - - - It Was So cool, though - Maybe later, when I have the courage and braveness to explore the depth of my cranium, I'll buy one. After all, it is capable of being used for the car driving, Also - It just won't talk to you :D:D .

I would have liked to meet this "meet the crinkly, haunched over person', but I don't leave my swamp much.

But I did hear my name being mentioned! :P

Of course Your name was mentioned or at least your CACHE was :P . You and your friends, Fen Dweller and Peg_ Powler, thought They could keep the likes of me from reaching it. HA! (likely story :) )

But after the Wherigo demo, once the wrinkles get smoothed out in that, well, I'd reconsider. By the end of the demo I'd gotten used to the controls and was ready for more.

We used our 400t to complete our first Wherigo cartridge on Monday - J2B2: The Village Robot at Gas Works Park. It's a bit hokey, but overall a lot of fun - kind of like a virtual letterbox/geocache hunt all wrapped up into one. (If you have previously tried to deny to yourself that caching means you're a geek, there'll be no denying it as you're wandering around looking for "robot parts" and "charging energy crystals"!) I will be very interested to see how some of the more creative among us use this technology. It seems like the possibilities are just about endless - everything from complex puzzles leading to physical caches, to sightseeing tours in places that don't allow caches, to -- who knows? This is truly something new, and that's pretty exciting.

(By the way, Garmin just released new firmware for the Colorado, and it is much closer now to being the ultimate caching GPS. There are still some kinks that need to be worked out, but if you've been holding off due to bugs, you're probably safe making that purchase now. When you do, be sure to give Wherigo a try.)