My first Geocoin find....now what?

G.Clark

Hi all,

I have just done my third cache find this afternoon, which had a geocoin in :(

What do I do with it now? Its in a little plastic sleeve which says

"Retrieve your activation code at *** " and at the bottom it says "write activation code below" but that is empty.

Its a lovely coin so I would love to know what I do next with it?

TIA for any help/advice :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I have just done my third cache find this afternoon, which had a geocoin in :(

What do I do with it now? Its in a little plastic sleeve which says

"Retrieve your activation code at *** " and at the bottom it says "write activation code below" but that is empty.

Its a lovely coin so I would love to know what I do next with it?

TIA for any help/advice :rolleyes:

First off, go to the website and click on "trackables" that'd be to the left. Then put the # in the first box.

It Will possibly be activated. If it is, Log your first find :(

Congrat! Welcome to geocaching!

On the geocaching home page, on the left hand side you will see a heading 'Trackable Items'. Enter the tracking number on the coin to see what it's mission is...its current goal. Usually there is a paper or tag with the coin that tells you but sometimes these get misplaced.

If the coin is unactivated, then it was it is meant as a trade item and should be traded fairly for. Being new to caching it does not have to be another geocoin but should be for some swag that equals the same value as the geocoin.

You can check the previous logs of the cache to see if there was an unactivated geocoin dropped in as a gift.

If the coin is activated and has a mission or goal you will have to 'grab it' from the cache, lgo your find then move it to another cache or loaction.

Hope this helps! :rolleyes:

Thank you both,

There isnt a code on it (or is there I dont know) the code I guess its a code on the actual coin isnt registered.

I feel bad now as I took it and dont what to do with it (and I only swap two items with it)

The code would be a #. Does the coin itself say'"trackable at geocaching .com"?

It looks to me like you found TBWGTR GA Cacher's 2006 Mississippi Geocoin. It is logged into the cache you found today. You have found a traveling coin, which you can retrieve from the cache and then drop it off in another cache. If you click on the link in this e-mail, you will go to the coin's page. Then click the "found it? log it!" link in the upper right. For the travel bug tracking number use the 6 digit code on the coin itself. As for log type, choose "Retrieve from..." Once you do this the coin will show up in "your inventory" and will be there for you to drop off in another cache.

jrr