Who's Your Daddy?

swizzle

I just got 2 new TB's in the mail and I also have a mini ammo can on the way. I want to turn the mini into a TB, but I'm still working on the name. I'm sure there's a ton of who's your daddy TB's out there all ready in all shapes and sizes. I want to send my mini to as many different ammo can caches in search of the biggest and most unique ammo cans out there. It could be different camo or just foreign ammo cans. But the main thing is to be always searching for his daddy or the grand daddy of all ammo cans. I don't want someone to steal it and use it as a micro so I was thinking that I could drill a hole right through it to run the chain through so that its not watertight anymore. Maybe even put a fake mini log and little mini trade items in it. More or less for show then for actual trade. Any thoughts or ideas on how to improve my TB before it gets launched? The trade items won't be mentioned in the TB page and I don't expect anyone to actually trade anything. Just an idea I'm still playing with. Swizzle

What's no longer allowed is a Cache that moves around and has the coordinates on the website always changing. The problem was that only the First Finder at each new location was able to find the Cache, and you might have 10-12 other players looking in that spot in the same day. It doesn't mean that a Cache cannot travel around, it just cannot be listed as a Cache in the regular sense of the word.

Another thing I've done is to take ARCHIVED Caches and put them inside other Caches to travel around. since you are able to log a find on a Cache even after it is archived, they have continued to live (until they got into the hands of someone who misunderstood the "no Moving Cache" rule, and thought they were not allowed. Since they do not show up in searches or on the maps, no one will be going to their old home and looking for them, which was the problem with Moving Caches.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

The main thing is that these typs of Caches do not have people going to a place where the Cache USED to be and tearing things up looking for it, only to come up with nothing. Since the two types I've mentioned do not show up on the maps or in searches, they do not cause players to go to some location looking for them.

I wanted to provide some links to REAL moving Caches that I've found, but I can't seem to find them in my list. Those Cache pages would have given a good explanation of how they worked.

Caches are at fixed locations. Once a cache is archived, it's still associated with that fixed location. The log history reflects the visits of people who went to that location.

Using an archived cache page for a moving cache -- like one that you take with you to events in your pocket, is not permitted.

I was actually thinking about making a fake log out of sculpy clay or just some small cut sheets all glued together to look like a log book. I almost think that if I did add actual trade trinkets that it would just complicate the TB. Any ideas on really small minitures that would look like actual trinkets that you would see in a real cache? I was thinking that I could paint BB's to look like marbles or rubber balls and super glue 3 or 4 of those together in a little pile. For the log I might just fold over a couple sheets of paper just a little wider then a staple and staple them together. I think that'll be the easiest way to make that. It'll probably be just a little longer then a staple too. I have a foodsaver bag maker so I can make a little custom sized baggy for the log book. Any other ideas would be awesome. I do want to make sure I have enough room to put the TB's mission inside as well. Swizzle

I was actually thinking about making a fake log out of sculpy clay or just some small cut sheets all glued together to look like a log book. I almost think that if I did add actual trade trinkets that it would just complicate the TB. Any ideas on really small minitures that would look like actual trinkets that you would see in a real cache? I was thinking that I could paint BB's to look like marbles or rubber balls and super glue 3 or 4 of those together in a little pile. For the log I might just fold over a couple sheets of paper just a little wider then a staple and staple them together. I think that'll be the easiest way to make that. It'll probably be just a little longer then a staple too. I have a foodsaver bag maker so I can make a little custom sized baggy for the log book. Any other ideas would be awesome. I do want to make sure I have enough room to put the TB's mission inside as well. Swizzle

Are you going to glue all the things down inside? You can find a lot of those little mini things in the doll section at a craft store.

Caches are at fixed locations. Once a cache is archived, it's still associated with that fixed location. The log history reflects the visits of people who went to that location.

Using an archived cache page for a moving cache -- like one that you take with you to events in your pocket, is not permitted.

Thanks for the info, luckily for me, I did that to OTHER peoples Caches. None of us knew at the time that it wasn't allowed.

I was thinking that all of the mini items should be glued down. I just have to make sure that there's enough room to put the mission sheet in there. I'm thinking about gluing everything to the bottom corners and sides so I can fit it in there. I'll probably do a copy and paste of the mission sheet text and downsize it so that I can make the mission sheet as small as possble. Swizzle

I was thinking that all of the mini items should be glued down. I just have to make sure that there's enough room to put the mission sheet in there. I'm thinking about gluing everything to the bottom corners and sides so I can fit it in there. I'll probably do a copy and paste of the mission sheet text and downsize it so that I can make the mission sheet as small as possble. Swizzle

OK, so it will be a fake Cache. you will need to glue down the contents or people will take/trade them. You might want to keep the tag and info sheet on the outside, so it's clear right away that it's a TB