Thanks everyone!

bobbyshaw

I've been reading here for months, and finally purchased my first GPS unit -- a Garmin 60csx! I'm completely thrilled with the unit, and am still daily discovering more stuff this thing can do.

Also, at the advice from a couple of the messages here, I've purchased a shieldzone screen for it, and a couple of the Radio Shack AC vent mounts to hold this thing in the car. I also got the Topo 2008 software which appears to be an almost necessity with this device (the basemap is extremely limited. My friend's old Magellan Explorist 200 has more roads on its basemap).

I haven't posted much here at all, but just wanted to thank everyone that I quietly received advice from over the past few months.

Robert Shaw

I've been reading here for months, and finally purchased my first GPS unit -- a Garmin 60csx! I'm completely thrilled with the unit, and am still daily discovering more stuff this thing can do.

Also, at the advice from a couple of the messages here, I've purchased a shieldzone screen for it, and a couple of the Radio Shack AC vent mounts to hold this thing in the car. I also got the Topo 2008 software which appears to be an almost necessity with this device (the basemap is extremely limited. My friend's old Magellan Explorist 200 has more roads on its basemap).

I haven't posted much here at all, but just wanted to thank everyone that I quietly received advice from over the past few months.

Robert Shaw

That's a great unit! You may want to get City Navigator at some point in time so you can use it to give you turn by turn directions! :yikes:

Robert Shaw

Will the Radio Shack Mount work for the Etrex vista HCX? How is the mount as far as tightness goes for the gps and the connection to the ac vent? Radio Shack has this mount on clearance so I needed to know "yesterday" about the mount. Thanks in advance.

Is this the mount?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=search

Edited by bubnme