Vista HCx Bug ?

geo climber

I've been experiencing this problem with my Vista HCx since new, so thought I would post and see if anyone can duplicate it.

Running version 2.4 unit software and 2.3 firmware.

I can get a hard lockup (gray screen, buttons frozen, requires power cycle to reset) about every other time I create a new route with the following steps:

Main Menu => Routes => New => Select Next Point => Waypoints => (pick any WP) => use

I get the lockup on either the 1st or 2nd waypoint selected for the new route. This is very repeatable and very annoying, as it requires a power OFF to clear the lockup.

Anyone else have this problem?

Main Menu => Routes => New => Select Next Point => Waypoints => (pick any WP) => use

From the for-what-it's-worth department

Vista HCx

Software 2.40

GPS SW v2.3

Followed steps above and no lock up. "From the for-what-it's-worth department" as I don't have any maps loaded. :laughing:

Hmmmm, just uploaded to v2.50. Main update there seems to be to not show the backlight selection on startup. I've got about 14 min. to go on the download (aint dial-up in the country wonderful?), so can try it again after I'm done.

JohnTee

Have you tried either re-installing the software or installing the current update (2.5)?

Yes to both.

Problem is repeatable and occurs about 50% of the time when creating a new route. Hard to believe that I'm the only person experiencing this issue.

I also haven't had any problems with mine. Could it be a bad unit?

Anyone else have this problem?

I can't duplicate your problem. What settings do you have under "Routing Setup"?

Are you selecting the waypoints in "GPS on" mode (actively tracking satellites) or "GPS off" mode (not tracking them)?

I have tried various options under "Routing Setup" without any effect on this problem. I m currently using "Prompted", "Prompted", "On".

GPS is set to "Normal" in the setup menu, and I'm pretty certain that tracking had occurred before I began setting up routes.