Attributes in GPX file and Picture URL in Logs

TheCarterFamily

Two things.

1. The log entry alerts don't tell you if there is a picture attached. I just happened to notice some new pictures uploaded to one of my caches. Would have been nice to have an alert to say this.

2. GPX files don't contain cache attributes or picture gallary. Since most of use are using the GPX files in some type of waypoing manager, the attributes would be nice for extra filtering. (ie pull a list of my area and filter based on winter friendly.)

This way we could filter on the fly. Even in the GPS for us creative people who use custom icons for our caches. :)

I know Jermey has mentioned on several occasions that Attributes will be included with a future update of the Groundspeak GPX.

The request for "picture" alerts has been around for a long time as well. I'll just echo that I still think it is a very good idea as well.

The links to photos in GPX files might lead to some page scraping programs - I think that is why they have been left off for now. Not sure though.

As for picture alerts, we'l have to wait to see what v.2 is like. As it is now, you create a log, and then once you log is posted, THEN you can upload pics to it. In this case you would get two email alerts for what is essentially a one time log. I agree a pic alert can be good, but moreso if we can upload a pic at the same time we are writing the log (much in the same way we can drop off TB's without editing the log).