Help with my Compaq Aero PDA

Weedwackerlenny

How did you load the programs to the PDA? Did you use Active Sync?

Also, if you tried Cachmate, you have to run the program on the PDA not on your computer in order to install it.

I loaded the programs onto my computer and then tried active sync to put them onto my PDA, that is how the directions on my PDA said to do it. I downloaded the programs onto my computer then I tried to add a program with my PDA but it kept coming up with the meassage that there were no programs on my computer that the PDA would recognize

I have a Compaq Aero 1500 series PDA that I would like to use for paperless geocaching but I can't seem to find a program that works with it. Any assistance would be great. Thanks

Not knowing what programs and what file type does hinder an answer. Howver, the compaq aero was one of the first pocket pc's. I am assuming you are attempting to add geocaching pocket pc software to it. You need to make sure that the pocket pc software being sold or tried is for the same operating system as your unit. I googled it and saw that it is probably Windows CE ver 2.11. I am not sure if this is pocket pc 2000 or before it. After pocket pc 2000, there was 2002, windows mobile 2003, 2003se, 2005 and now 2006. I do not think you are going to find any of the newer geo caching pda software titles for your unit but you may. The best bet is to check with the software developer to see if they have an older version, even if they do not sell it anymore.

Thanks, everyone, I think that because the PDA is so old that it is just not compatiable with the current software out there. I am going to get my computer guy to give it whirl when he comes for Christmas, maybe he can find some software to update it so I can download one of the current programs on the geocache web site. In the mean time I have found a newer palm pilot on EBay for very cheap so I am going to give it a try. Thanks for the advice.