noreply@geocaching.com

ertyu

When you receive email from a member, the from address is either the members email address or noreply@geocaching.com. This is confusing. I've often been screwed by hitting reply when its set to noreply@geocaching.com and then nothing happens...

The noreply@geocaching.com address should bounce incoming messages so you know its going nowhere.

It would also be nice if there was a link in the message to directly get to a message page to the user for replies.

I keep getting burned by this.

It is nice to see there is an indication the message was sent without an attached email and a direct link to respond, but its in the footer and I've just mentally filter that by default.

Some suggestions for improvements:

- bounce messages sent to noreply

- change the from address to something else that does bounce

- change the from address to a temporary or unique address that redirects a message to the original sending user without revealing their email address

holy thread resurrection batman!

Some suggestions for improvements:

- bounce messages sent to noreply

- change the from address to something else that does bounce

- change the from address to a temporary or unique address that redirects a message to the original sending user without revealing their email address

good suggestions, i agree with them, especially the 3rd one i like (but isn't likely to happen, heh).

however i can't imagine how one can possibly not see the noreply address. after i hit the reply button, i immediately see the noreply address in the "to" line and can abort writing my reply right away. email is much more complex than simple messages from-to, don't people check where they're sending their emails to before they're sending them off?