Problem with "send to Garmin" feature

mjcromp

I am having problems with my E-Trex trying to send to my gps.

I have a used E-Trex with connector cable with serial connector and serial to usb adapter.

I have downloaded the driver for the adapter.

I have downloaded the Garmin communicator and go through the setup feature and it won't load the driver for it!

What am I doing wrong? I know it is probably something really stupid. :(

Thanks. Mike.

You can download the .loc files to your computer and then use EasyGPS to send the waypoints to your GPSr. If you become a Premium Member, you can create Pocket Queries and get the information for as many as 500 caches in each file that is emailed to you.

Using EasyGPS or GSAK, you can send all those cache waypoints to your GPSr in a few seconds, provided the Serial to USB cable is working as it is supposed to.

Edited by Miragee

Garmin Communicator plug-in is not supported on serial connections. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't...

Depends... My wife and I both own Garmin Legend H GPSrs and downloaded the Communicator plug-in. We both have the serial port to GPSr cable. When we tried to download a single cache waypoint from the mapping screen to them we'd get the notorious "Windows Error 21" and it always showed drive "F" instead of the COM1 connection. Even using the drop-down menu and manually changing it to COM1 did no good as it errored out again to the F drive. We knew that on both our computers (she's running XP and I'm running Vista) the F drive was one of our memory card slots. Because her computer is older than mine and has an add-on front card reader she popped it out effectively disconnecting it from the computer and everything started working fine. However, my computer has permanent card readers and this is not possible. I'm waiting for a reply from Garmin but I won't hold my breath. ;)

We're both using EasyGPS also and this program communicates just fine with my computer.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I undid my cardreader and then only my printer and the com port showed up so I unplugged the printer and it went through just fine!!!!!

Woohoo!!