Visiting ABQ around new years

seattlegeekgrrrlz

Hello-

For a change we are trying to get organized a little early instead of posting one of these at the last minute...

We will be visiting my brother and his family in Albuquerque around New Year's. We were wondering if there are any event caches going on at that tim. We will be missing the WSGA Christmas Party so we thought we might see if maybe there was something going on where we will be.

Also, is there a list of recommended caches in the ABQ area? We are ok with day trips, especially to really neato places, but will have the nephews with us (ages 5 and 11) so kid friendliness needs to be taken into account.

Thanks so much for your help!

-Vicki

Easily, the Phontom Cache (GC5342) is my favorite and sure to please your little ones. Getting to the cache may be impossible for you. Do your homework before you go. ;)

There was a time when I drove out past that location on a regular basis but that was pre-geocaching (and in fact, pre-GPS). Nevertheless, I remember it well. Definitely a cool location... :D

Kind of hard for me to get to these days, though... :blink: My access is long expired...

I am a Travel nurse and I am in ABQ until Feb. I went to the NM cachers page and posted there before driving from Cheyenne, WY. They have been very nice and very helpful. I even got a couple of cachers who were willing to go caching with me. I suggest you go to their site and poke around a bit, and perhaps post an inquiry. I haven't been here long enough to suggest caches. I have enjoyed caching here.

www.nmgeocaching.com