Cache Locations

Richard E

I wasn't going to say anything, but this has been going on too long. Where are the cache locations on the map. Some say they are too slow. I don't get any. Waited a good five minutes. That's more than slow.

Operating system- windows XP Home

Browser- Internet explorer

Dial-up

From cache page, I click on view map. The little thingy don't spin.

Edited by Richard E

Tell us not only what OS and browser, but also the exact versions, and whether you have installed all available updates.

Also check that you have JavaScript enabled.

Sometimes if I zoom out to the point where there are 500+ caches, then zoom back in then I don't get any cache locations, so I have to reload and everything works ok.
I also find that once I've displayed a map with a few hundred caches, everything goes to hell. Even if I then zoom in to a map that has only a couple of caches, all actions take forever. Also, even if I exclude most cache types (say only display virtual and mystery), the JS code still displays the icons for all caches and then erases the unwanted ones, resulting in actually taking MORE time!

But that does not appear to be the OP's problem.

Edward

Tell us not only what OS and browser, but also the exact versions, and whether you have installed all available updates.

Also check that you have JavaScript enabled.

Sometimes if I zoom out to the point where there are 500+ caches, then zoom back in then I don't get any cache locations, so I have to reload and everything works ok.
I also find that once I've displayed a map with a few hundred caches, everything goes to hell. Even if I then zoom in to a map that has only a couple of caches, all actions take forever. Also, even if I exclude most cache types (say only display virtual and mystery), the JS code still displays the icons for all caches and then erases the unwanted ones, resulting in actually taking MORE time!

But that does not appear to be the OP's problem.

Edward

JavaScript is enabled.

Edited by Richard E