garmin communicater

seaspur

I am new to geocaching and have just downloaded ( send to G.P.S ) the problem is the co-ordinates have changed when i download them from Geocaching.com.

Example

web page G.P.S

TQ15925 10862 TQ15926 10863

TQ09953 07157 TQ09953 07158

TQ13804 07848 TQ13804 07849

Any help PLEASE ? -_-

Edited by seaspur

The two use different conversions to british grid references.

There's a difference between the two sets of about 1 meter.

The coordinates are stored internally in the gps as wgs84 lat/lon. (If you wish, you can usually change display settings on the gps to lat/lon)

Geocachers work in lat/lon, this is the format used when placing the caches.

So, there's generally nothing to worry about.

The two use different conversions to british grid references.

There's a difference between the two sets of about 1 meter.

The coordinates are stored internally in the gps as wgs84 lat/lon. (If you wish, you can usually change display settings on the gps to lat/lon)

Geocachers work in lat/lon, this is the format used when placing the caches.

So, there's generally nothing to worry about.

I am sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. Do i need to change my G.P.S to wgs84 lat/lon ? -_-

You can leave it as you prefer, it doesn't really matter, the accuracy is the same.

I prefer british grid if working with paper maps. But, multi-caches, for example, will require you to enter coordinates directly into the GPS by hand, so it's probably better to leave it as lat/lon. (Ensure it is also set to dd mm.mmm and WGS84 on that screen)

You can leave it as you prefer, it doesn't really matter, the accuracy is the same.

I prefer british grid if working with paper maps. But, multi-caches, for example, will require you to enter coordinates directly into the GPS by hand, so it's probably better to leave it as lat/lon. (Ensure it is also set to dd mm.mmm and WGS84 on that screen)

I have changed G.P.S to lat/lon. And co-ordinates are now correct. Thank You for the help :laughing: