Everett, a cache friendly city :)

EraSeek

I love it when towns promote geocaching. It makes sense to me!

The Wenatchee Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau has a geocaching link on their website, halfway down this page. Also, they created a profile and made their own cache, which made it on to my bookmark of favorite caches. I wish that they had made more. Here is the mention of their cache on their website, with a link to the cache page, and a link to the nearest caches from our zip code.

:anicute: It's not the bestest cache in the whole world, and there are other caches along that route. I just appreciated how they highlighted the geology of the area (note - spring/early summer is the best time, when the grass is green and beautiful). It encouraged me to sit down at the cache area and look at the rocks across the Columbia and enjoy it for a minute with a good friend. :lol:

In fact, I'd like to create an Earthcache, and I know that there's tons of places around here to do that, but of course, a lot of times there's already a cache there. This is a spot (and they even make it sound like an earthcache) that would be great for one. -_-

Hmm I am torn about this!! On one hand I am happy to see the city of Everett embracing caching. On the other is very easy for the casual person/muggle to find them. From the main web site I clicked "play" which brings me to different things to play in Everett. If you click on geocaches in Everett it brings up the search page on GC.com for the zip code there. But of course I could be crying wolf and nothing bad can happen except we get more cachers/ caches to find. But if I placed a cache in Everett with a valuable FTF prize I might think about making a premium member so I can make sure a real cacher can find it first.