Ok, I need help!

Arndtwe

I just got my Tungsten T3 yesterday and loaded all of the software onto my computer. I also downloaded the CacheMate zip file and extracted the folders. Now that I've done all of this I want to put CacheMate onto my Tungsten. Since it's a T3 you have load special files from and the online read me guide for loading it is very confusing to me. Could someone please give me detailed step-by-step instructions on how to put it one my PDA? Thanks in advance!

I just got my Tungsten T3 yesterday and loaded all of the software onto my computer. I also downloaded the CacheMate zip file and extracted the folders. Now that I've done all of this I want to put CacheMate onto my Tungsten. Since it's a T3 you have load special files from and the online read me guide for loading it is very confusing to me. Could someone please give me detailed step-by-step instructions on how to put it one my PDA? Thanks in advance!

If you loaded all the palm syncing software on your computer, you should be able to queue files for installation on your palm simply by double-clicking them. Go into the folder where you stored the cachemate zip contents, and double-click on all the files you want to install, don't forget the files from the T3 subfolder, and then put your pal;m in the cradle and hit the sync button

Well, I still can't get this to work. I have synced all the stuff that I'm pretty sure has to be, and done all of the steps, and I still can't get it :o .

Heres what I've done so far. The first thing I did was go to the online "READ ME" that is provided in the CachMate folder. This is what it says:

Installation

CacheMate requires Palm OS 3.0 or later.

Follow these steps to get started with CacheMate:

1. Run the Install Tool from your Palm™ Desktop directory.

2. Click Add, and add the CacheMate.prc file to your HotSync® list.

3. Add the MathLib.prc file as well, if you want to use the "nearest caches" or waypoint calculation features.

4. HotSync your Palm OS handheld.

5. Tap the CacheMate icon on your handheld to start the program.

6. Tap the New button to begin adding items to the database.

Ok great! but I have a Tungsten T3 so there are other things you have to do, here are the text files included in the CacheMate folder:

TUNGSTEN T3

If you are installing CacheMate on a Palm Tungsten T3, you need to install

the two PRC files contained in the "DeviceSpecific/TungstenT3" directory

in order for the virtual Graffiti support to work properly. Please read

the text file in that directory for more information.

Here is what it said in that file:

These are the Dynamic Input area compatibility prcs that are needed on the Tungsten T3 device to be compatible with the PalmSource Dynamic Input Area APIs. Please install these on your device via HotSync if you want to run application that uses the Palm DIA APIs.

IMPORTANT - You must install both prcs at the same time; installing them seperately may force a hard reset.

So do I load all four .prcs at once? Do only install the two in the Tungsten file? Or do just install the nowmal ones? I am very confused on these. Is there a setting that I might have missed when setting it up that HAS to be set a certain way to work? I CAN"T GET IT TO WORK!!! :rolleyes: