Updating Garmin Mapsource?

Whenever I select the "Check for software updates" in Mapsource, I get the error: "There was an error communicating with the Garmin update server. Please retry your update If you continue to experience problems please contact Garmin support".

I sent a email to Garmin support over a month ago and didn't hear anything back from them.

It's not a big deal as I just go to their site and check the newest version but I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Same problem here. I'd say the Mapsource internal updater works 25% of the time, if that. I don't know why they implement these "live" updaters if they can't get the software/servers to operate correctly. WebUpdater has been notorious for updating errors (this has been pretty much corrected) but is the only way to update your GPS chipset firmware (different than the unit software). I just stick with the downloadable updates like I've been doing for years now.