PREMIUM MEMBERSHIPS

Please let me start by saying I am in no way connected to Geocaching.com, other than being a premium member and avid geocacher.

The tools and features themselves, make becoming a premium member worth it. Everyone loves free, but this site offers tools for our hobby not found anywhere else.

Here in Indiana we have had a problem with theft and vandalism of caches along with caches being muggled. Many members now make the caches premium members only in an attempt to curtail some of this.

In the November 2007 issue of Wired Magazine on page 48, I read the following about Global Positioning and GPS recievers and ways to be a prankster:

GEOCACHES

LOOK UP THE LOCATION OF GEOCACHES--PACKAGES STASHED FOR GEOCACHE HUNTS--AND MOVE THEM.

STAKE OUT THE OLD SPOT AND WATCH PLAYERS GO MAD WITH FRUSTRATION.

Waymarking

PLACE BOGUS INFO AND Waymarking.COM, NOTE A BOOKSHOP AS OUT OF BUSINESS OR ADD A NONEXISTENT CAFE. SURF THAT LINE BETWEEN KEEPING PEOPLE AWAY FROM YOUR FAVORITE ESTABLISHMENT AND CAUSING IT TO SHUTDOWN.

All of my hides are premium members only, they weren't always, but after several ammo cans went missing and articles like this that encourage vandalism and theft, they are now. I promote this site for our hobby and premium membership for its tools and features, one of which makes premium member only caches unavailable to the curious would be prankster.

Needless to say Wired has lost a reader and subscriber.

D_Able_Cachers