Map & TB related site issues

Team Snorkasaurus

I noticed a few new site issues today: The "old" version of the TB maps seems to be disabled or missing. The link to view the old map (which I prefer) is still there, but does not work. Also, TB mileage (which has been slow to update for many months) is no longer updating at all. Even using the "recalculate mileage" option does nothing.

I am guessing that these are simply temporary issues, but felt it was worth mentioning here in case no-one else has noticed them.

Huge thanks to Jeremy and the rest of the tech-team who are working hard to update the functionality of this very fun web site!

<_<

Edited by Team Snorkasaurus

Please let me add my voice to those clamoring for the old TB maps.

I used them with my students to track some TBs we have going around the world (a new one every year--we are up to 3 now with a 4th launching later this month). Every year, I make a huge new map of the world, and the kids have to pinpoint the locations the TBs travels and figure out what kind of biome the they have landed in each hop.

The old maps were a great visual aid for the kiddos, and helped them to understand the general direction of movement. It actually improved their geography skills to see that "800 miles NE of so-and-so" was only a bit south of where we are, etc