Send to GPS

This request should be made over in the Website Forum where features and enhancements are requested.

That said, I am also an Opera user, but use GSAK to handle all the date from Pocket Queries, which are a Premium Member feature. In GSAK, I right-click any single cache and choose "Send to GPSr now." It is only a few extra mouse clicks, and the waypoint goes into my GPSr with the "smart name" I have set up in GSAK. :blink:

Right now the "Send to GPS" button on the cache pages isn't working right, and hasn't been for more than a week. Using GSAK to send cache waypoints gets around those problems that crop up periodically. :P

What specifically do you mean by "Right now the "Send to GPS" button on the cache pages isn't working right, and hasn't been for more than a week."

I have found that when I press the "Send to GPS" button, the process is being downloaded simply as waypoints instead of Geocaches, therefore there are no name descriptions, only the GC#'s and coordinates. Is this part of the specific problems with downloading to which you are referring? Thanks for your help.

Yes. When the button is working correctly, the cache is downloaded with a Treasure Chest icon and the name of the cache, as I understand it. Apparently now it is a blue flag and it is going into the Waypoints instead of Geocaches.

There are several threads about this problem in the Website Forum.

I would like to be able to "send to GPS" (Etrex Legend C) from my preferred browser rather than have to open an IE window (which is far too small).

Do you think some kind soul could take the request on board ?

be a lot of grateful cachers out here for that .

TIA :P

I'm not sure they can get it to work in other browsers because that feature uses Microsoft ActiveX. There are no plugins for this that I'm aware of. I'm not a programmer so I don't know how hard it would be to do. This is a handy feature for loading a couple of quick caches and heading out. I thought Raine said he fixed it on a recent thread.
I would like to be able to "send to GPS" (Etrex Legend C) from my preferred browser rather than have to open an IE window (which is far too small).

Do you think some kind soul could take the request on board ?

be a lot of grateful cachers out here for that .

TIA :)

I'm not sure they can get it to work in other browsers because that feature uses Microsoft ActiveX. There are no plugins for this that I'm aware of. I'm not a programmer so I don't know how hard it would be to do. This is a handy feature for loading a couple of quick caches and heading out. I thought Raine said he fixed it on a recent thread.

Yes thats what I`m looking for , " Send to GPS" using Opera not Internet explorer which I detest .

i do understand that there are problems at the moment with that feature

I'm not sure they can get it to work in other browsers because that feature uses Microsoft ActiveX. There are no plugins for this that I'm aware of.

I use Opera for browsing, and would love to have this feature fixed to work properly there too. I use FireFox to do it now, so it's not exclusive to IE...

I didn't know that it worked in Firefox now. Which plugin do you need?
I'm not sure they can get it to work in other browsers because that feature uses Microsoft ActiveX. There are no plugins for this that I'm aware of.

I use Opera for browsing, and would love to have this feature fixed to work properly there too. I use FireFox to do it now, so it's not exclusive to IE...

I didn't know that it worked in Firefox now. Which plugin do you need?

I just use straight FF. No plugin that I am aware of. I have FF loaded up just for those sites that Opera chokes on, and as far as I can remember I have only added mouse gestures and tabs.