Make this page print-friendly (no logs) Bug?

FunLovingGeocacher

I've just figured out why I get blank sections on the Make this page print-friendly (no logs)

If you select ( Encrypt/Decrypt ) to view the hint, when you come to print, the pictures of Signal etc vanish.

You are left with a big wasted empy space which gets printed above the rest of the text.

Is it just my pc or has anyone elsed noticed this?

On my system, that empty space is where the coords are suppose to be! I usually end up having to write them in. Never could figure out why sometimes it printed and other times not. If the clue is a long one, I usually decrypt it....... Thanks for the "ah ha!" moment! :D

So that is when it happens! It happens in IE7 but not with FF2. I have to use Firefox just to print the page in that format. Just doing Print Preview makes it show up. Everything above "Short Description" is gone except for the waypoint id. The information gone includes: cache type icon, cache title, placed by, coordinates, size, difficulty, terrain, etc.

Definitely a bug.

Observation on printing from the "printer friendly page".

If I get a printer friendly page that is not going to print the header info, I colapse the map at the bottom of the page and the header info comes back.

Running Windows XP

IE7

I did this on GC10QNA

More info... click print friendly page then click print preview and all seams to print as seen, close window and decode any additional hints and then click print preview again and header of page will more than likly disapear, close window and colapse map than click print preview again and header is back.

More obsorvation: seams to have to do with the map at the bottom. If the map is split between the pages, the header disapears. If you can manipulate text so that the map is all on the first page or all on the second page when printed it is ok.

Edited by KICT Balloons