Marking geocache found

raritan

On that unit, and many other Garmins, I believe you highlight the icon to change it.

Thanks. I understand about changing the icon. I do need to find out how to make the geocaches show up not as waypoints but as geocaches so I can mark them found. I must be missing something simple.

The unit won't go into geocaching mode if you are finding a waypoint using 'Follow Roads'. If you set the unit to 'Off Road,' you should get a compass screen that has "Found" as an option at the bottom.

To get the GPSr to prompt you for "follow road" or "off road" Press MENU » MENU » 'Setup' » ENTR » 'Routing' » ENTR, and set Guidance Method (the first drop down) to "Prompted".

The unit won't go into geocaching mode if you are finding a waypoint using 'Follow Roads'. If you set the unit to 'Off Road,' you should get a compass screen that has "Found" as an option at the bottom.

To get the GPSr to prompt you for "follow road" or "off road" Press MENU » MENU » 'Setup' » ENTR » 'Routing' » ENTR, and set Guidance Method (the first drop down) to "Prompted".

That did it. Thank you very much. I just didn't see the "found" option on the compass page. I appreciate the quick reply too!