Mapping Software

We use the MapSend DirectRoute on our GPS. However, we will be going on a cruise in December and want to do some geocaching in the Virgin Islands and the Netherland Antilles. It appears that MapSend only has the 50 states and does NOT list any islands. What program can I use to help geocache in the islands?

Thanks!

The Smiley Face Bandits

Do you mean "What program can I use to perform turn-by-turn navigation?" as is done when using the Direct Route product?

If all you need is mapping reference, you might try GoogleEarth. :laughing::D:wacko:

Edited by Team Cotati

Sorry, yes, I would like to have turn-by-turn navigation. I want to get off the ship, turn on the GPS, see the map of where I am and go to the cache just like I do here in Orlando. When we are out of town, we also use the GPS to mark our hotel and our route back. I want to be able to do everything I do here in Florida, just in the Virgin Islands. Is that possible? Thanks!

We use the MapSend DirectRoute on our GPS. However, we will be going on a cruise in December and want to do some geocaching in the Virgin Islands and the Netherland Antilles. It appears that MapSend only has the 50 states and does NOT list any islands. What program can I use to help geocache in the islands?

Thanks!

The Smiley Face Bandits

Do you mean "What program can I use to perform turn-by-turn navigation?" as is done when using the Direct Route product?

If all you need is mapping reference, you might try GoogleEarth. :wacko::laughing::D

Sorry, yes, I would like to have turn-by-turn navigation. I want to get off the ship, turn on the GPS, see the map of where I am and go to the cache just like I do here in Orlando. When we are out of town, we also use the GPS to mark our hotel and our route back. I want to be able to do everything I do here in Florida, just in the Virgin Islands. Is that possible? Thanks!

Thanks!

The Smiley Face Bandits

If all you need is mapping reference, you might try GoogleEarth. :wacko::laughing::D

To my knowledge, the only turn-by-turn software that works with the Magellan products is Direct Route. If Magellan does not create those for your destination, and I do not believe that they do, then you are out of luck in that regard. They seem to have the USA, Europe, Canada and Australia pretty well covered but not much else.

You ought to be able to plot caches in reference to highways using google earth. That combined with a good local highway map are going to have to be your tools.

Edited by Team Cotati