Problems with new version of Google Maps

kfir

Great improvements. Thanks for bringing back the list on the side and the option for numbers.

Any way to download/print the list to a separate page so we get the whole list?

Keep up the great work. This is enought to convince me to become a premium member (as if there weren't enough reasons to begin with)

- TripTroupe

The new version of Google Maps being used for the interactive cache map has the following problems in WinXP IE7

1. Several times, clicking on any icon in the map causes the map to be frozen. Other times it works fine. The only way to "fix" it is to reload the page which also resets the map.

2. What is the purpose of the checkboxes in the cache type legend? They don't do anything.

3. The caches in the Show Cache Listing list does not show if a cache is disabled.

I like that the new map gets past the 20 icon limit of the old map.

I liked the new map, at first anyway, now it has shrunk in size. I thought the best part of the new map was it's larger size. Now that it's shrunk it's about as useful as the last style was, so what was the point in changing it in the first place, I ask? :)

I liked the new map, at first anyway, now it has shrunk in size. I thought the best part of the new map was it's larger size. Now that it's shrunk it's about as useful as the last style was, so what was the point in changing it in the first place, I ask? :)

The new map size is dynamic in relation to your browser size and screen resolution. I noticed immediately that the map now expands to fill my browser window on my larger, high-resolution monitor (21 inch @ 1600x1400), and shrinks when I make the browser window smaller.

Try maximizing your browser window and see if the map gets larger.

KRnlKilR

Great improvements. Thanks for bringing back the list on the side and the option for numbers.

First -- big DITTO! Great look on the icons, I especially like the fact that disabled caches show with the orange surround. Also, I just noticed the 'Topo' and 'DOQ' button options for the map data. Excellent!

Now one tweak.... when I click 'hide my finds' and 'hide my caches', could those be removed from the list on the right sidebar as well? There are areas of a nearby town that is pretty cache dense and I have found many caches there, but when I want to use the 'hide my finds' option to see what is left, I can spot them on the map pretty quickly, but I can't easily see them from the list.

Thanks! :)

Thank you GC.com for bringing us the AWESOME new maps, and for fixing them to bring us the tools we need to "rake in the cache!"

My hats off the to GC.com team for a job well done. "What else did you get me?"

KRnlKilR

Hmm. Why did GC put the little white squares aroung the cache icons? I don't really think they are necessary, and cause caches close together to overlap each other. Then again, I can see where they make it easier to mouse-over the cache icon, without having to point your mouse exactly to the center of the icon. But I liked it better without the square. Any chance others would like to see the little squares go away?

KRnlKilR