User profile

Katacasco

I have noticed that some cacher's profiles have a map of locations visited. Others have various stats about their searches. How do I get that included in my profile?

There are a number of sites outside of Geocaching.com that provide these kind of features. Normally, those sites take data you provide and give you some HTML (web) code to paste into your profile.

Some of the sites require data from features that are only available to premium members, but one of the state map generators that can be used by anyone can be found here.

edit: removed an extra word. Even though extra words don't cost anything, it doesn't mean they should be used.

Edited by cache_test_dummies

Welcome to the Forums! :)

There are a number of different sites you can use. I like this one and also like the .gpx Map Tool at the Keen People site.

I understand GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) has a macro that creates statistics. There is also a site "Its Not About The Numbers" where you can upload your All Finds Pocket Query to get statistics. However, to get an All Finds PQ, you have to become a Premium Member, which is a good thing to do anyway . . . :)

Most if not all of those programs produce a webpage in your browser (IE, Firefox, ect). I use IE. When the webpage is produced, right click on the page then click View Source. At that point a notepad page should showup with alot of words and numbers. Again, right click on the notepad page, select all, copy.

Now go to Geocaching.com, to your account, edit profile. at the bottom of the page, paste in the your profile details box then update account.

Done