newest

drewh72

Where do i go on the site to find the newest geocaches in my area
If you entered your home coords in your profile then there will be a link on the upper right side of your profile page to view caches closest to your home coords! :huh:

I know but I want to know how to find out if there are any new ones in my area

If you entered your home coords in your profile then there will be a link on the upper right side of your profile page to view caches closest to your home coords! :huh:

If you were a Premium Member then you could create a Pocket Query to do that. But since you are not you will have to page through the nearest cachest to your house until you see one with a "new" flag" next to it.

Premium members can use pocket queries to search for caches placed in the last xxx number of days near a certain location.

If you are not a premium member you can sign up for the weekly cache notification that provide a list of all the latest placements in your area.

Another option is to go to the home page and do an advanced search for your state. It will show the caches in the order placed from the latest to the oldest. You can then just figure out which ones are closest to your home.

If you entered your home coords in your profile then there will be a link on the upper right side of your profile page to view caches closest to your home coords! :D

This page will show only the very latest in your state. You will need to open them to see if they are local to you.

Since you are a Premium member, you can use a special auto-notification feature called Instant Notifications (or something like that.) To access this feature, go to "My Account" page, and then, in the right-hand links bar, under "Premium Member Features", click on "Set Up Notifications" and then you can set up your instant notifications that page. You will then receive instant notifications of any new caches in your area, if you set it up that way. Have fun!

[copied from another thread]