Loading a cache into my GPS.

Rhinomike

This last weekend me, my wife and our 4 kids went out hunting. We had a great time. I am loking for a easier way to download the cache's into my GPS. I have a Garmin etrex legend HCX. What I am currently doing is clicking on each individual cache in order to send it to my GPS. This is very time consuming. I would like to click on several at once or use the "check all" box and download several at once. This will save me lots of time. How do I do this? I tried to do it but it appears that I may need some software that I dont have. There has to be an easier way. Please help. Thank You.

Download EasyGPS and use that program to send the waypoints to your GPSr.

Or, an even better way would be to become a Premium Member so you have access to Pocket Queries. These files can contain as many as 500 caches, with the specific criteria you select, and they are emailed to you. EasyGPS can handle the data from PQs, but many of us use GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) because of its advanced filtering techniques.

If you happen to already own a PDA, you can Export the data from GSAK to put on your PDA so you can cache "paperless." :P

Edited by Miragee
I just got the premium membership and I also downloaded EasyGps..... Wow this is much easier now. Thanks again for the help. This is addicting.
You may want to get GSAK instead of EasyGPS. GSAK will allow you to load a big chuck of the hint into the notes section of many GPSs. That's what I do with my 60CS. :P

I'm also a rookie with a Garmin eTrex Legend. It came with a serial cable that isn't compatible with my laptop. How do I send into to my GPS?

I just got the premium membership and I also downloaded EasyGps..... Wow this is much easier now. Thanks again for the help. This is addicting.
You may want to get GSAK instead of EasyGPS. GSAK will allow you to load a big chuck of the hint into the notes section of many GPSs. That's what I do with my 60CS. :laughing:

I'm also a rookie with a Garmin eTrex Legend. It came with a serial cable that isn't compatible with my laptop. How do I send into to my GPS?

What I did was to google my garmincsx for the info...You need the USB cable and the correct Driver at...http://www.palm.com/us/support/accessories/usb/winxp_USB.html...good luck...