Looking for good hotel rates for Geocoinfest, Pa?

Nochipra

Does anyone know of any reasonable hotels (by reasonable I mean cheap) around the Bedford, PA area? I have called few places and gotten a couple of good rates but I was looking for some more options. We are planning to come early (around Oct 3-10) . We want to do the civil war battlefields (gettysburg, antietam, etc or at least Chip does, lol) and I want to hit the Geocoinfest and the Autumn Fest in Bedford. We are looking for something along Rt. 30 between Chambersburg and Bedford that might have a weekly rate. Budget wise we were hoping for around $50 a night or less? Most places I called gasped and said oh no we either have no rooms available for that time or have the rooms available for part of the time we want to stay because of a car show in Carlisle or the Autumnfest? If anyone in the PA area has an idea of an extended stay kind of place along Rt 30 could you please let us know. Thanks.

I listed some lodging options a few weeks ago on the geocoinfest PA site (link in sig below). The Days Inn that Dressels mentioned is about 10 minutes at most from the event. Bedford is about 45 minutes from the event. I'm not familiar with the hotels in Bedford. There are some right there off the turnpike exchange but I've never stayed at any of them.

Edited by Anthus