what date to log?

highflyinghawk

Yup - the date you found it. I sometimes see logs from today for some of my caches but I find later that the actual visit was a few weeks ago.

In July, I got a log describing a snowstorm at one of my caches about 30 miles away. Didn't make sense with the date logged so I emailed them and found they were catching up on logging from February.

I agree to log the cache for the date you actually found it. A good example why this is the better option is when you find a cache, but don't log it until several weeks later. During that time period, the cache gets disabled for some reason. If you go back in there to log it and use the date that you log it instead of the date that you found it.....then the sequence of the logs will show that you found it after it was disabled. That would confuse the owner thinking that the missing cache was really there all along. It just eases the confusion if you log it on the same day.

I also notice that people log events based on the day that they logged them. So once an event is archived, their are attended logs all spread out over the time period of a week or two. Did the event really happen on several days? Why does the event that happened a week ago say that the last person to find it was yesterday? Very interesting.