Apple I-Phone

4chin seeker

I am considering buying a Apple I-phone. I am told it has GPS enabled features. I can not get a good solid answer from sales reps as most of them have never used a GPS and no nothing more that the has GPS capabilities. So my question to you is; do you or someone you know use a I-phone and have used it for GeoCaching? If so what do you/they think of the unit?

I am considering buying a Apple I-phone. I am told it has GPS enabled features. I can not get a good solid answer from sales reps as most of them have never used a GPS and no nothing more that the has GPS capabilities. So my question to you is; do you or someone you know use a I-phone and have used it for GeoCaching? If so what do you/they think of the unit?

Way too hi-tech for me. I just use my Garmin and my printer.

I have one and have used it while geocaching. It does not have GPS. It's what I would call 'GPS lite'. Meaning, it's the closest thing to GPS without actually having GPS. Here's a thread from a little while back that you might find useful.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=168681

I've had mine since launch (was at Pacific Place for 4 hours) and am always willing to answer questions or just talk about this wonderful device.

Edited by D3C1B3L