Airport Icons

Lefty425

Yes I do use PQ's and GSAK but the icons are real aiports and wow, there are tons of them! I just reloaded my 60Csx with different maps (City Nav 8) for a roadtrip tomorrow and they are very distracting. They were there with my previous maps too, but in my home state they didn't seem so bothersome. Help :)

On my 60Cx...

With MetroGude USA v5 or MetroGuide Canada v4 showing, Airport icons show out to 50 km zoom, unlike other POIs. I wouldn't mind a way to turn it off either.

Also with the Base Map showing, Rest Stops and Weigh Scales show at a really wide zoom. But at least I can hide the base map if I don't want those.

That would be a nice feature to add from Garmin to its products. On City Navigator on my laptop, I do have the option of turning off ALL services but it would be nice to pick the ones you don't want, like airports. I wonder if you pick "No Services" on your laptop and then send those maps to your GPS if it would stay in that format?

could you not just delete the airport Icon after there loaded?

On my 60cx I go "find" "waypoints" then "menu". select "delete", instead of "all Icons" pick the "airport" icon and press enter.

DING DING DING!!!! We have a wonderful answer! I just did that on my 60CSx and it works perfectly!

THANKS! Now if I can just remember this for future use.

Oops. I did delete them as waypoints, but they came right back. I think that is because they are a map feature from MapSource.

Edited by GeoScooter1