Printing Topo Maps with UTM Grid on them

Hamster

Hi Folks,

I'm preparing for a hike on the 20th with a friend in the Manistee National forest in Michigan. I've been preparing as many topo map printouts as I can as well as sat photos. I've been using google earth for looking at the general area, then topozone for USGS topo maps. I also have Garmin Topo 2008 and a Garmin Vista HCX. I'm trying however to find software or a website that will let me print out the topo maps with the proper UTM grid overlayed on them and the UTM meters noted at the gridlines. Topozone will print the utm coordinate of your centerpoint, and there are some basic lines on the maps already but they are super hard to read.

Anyone know of any simple / elegant solution? I don't want to buy official large scale maps when I have all this software available.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I tried to search for the topic but could not find anything under the search term "print utm topo" and a view other variants.

Thanks

I'm trying however to find software or a website that will let me print out the topo maps with the proper UTM grid overlayed on them and the UTM meters noted at the gridlines.

National Geographic's TOPO! is great (well, at least I think it's great).

You can overlay a variety of grids, highlighted, on various scaled maps.

Check it out :-)

Has anyone figured out how to do this with Garmin Topo 2008 or TopoZone?