New to Geocoins

GeoScooter1

I have just started purchasing geocoins and if I want them to show up somewhere/anywhere in my account or inventory, I have to activate them, right? I did create a unpublished cache that I could drop them into, but the only way I can drop them into it is by activating, I believe. Is there any other way to get them to show up without activating? I have purchased duplicates of some of the coins so I could have them for trades and I will not be activating them.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the geocoin world !

Only activated trackables may be logged (retrieved, dropped, discovered, etc)

This applies to geocoins and travel bugs

It is less obvious, but it also applies to all other trackables

For example, the various shades of Jeep are all activated and owned by Jeep, but they were activated none the less

Enjoy

Edited by Bhob

Yes, to have them show up anywhere in your Geocaching.com profile or account the coins must be activated.

However there are other websites where you can list your trader coins, keeper coins and seekers without having to activate anything. For those look for the links in forum poster's siglines to their trading lists.

Yes, to have them show up anywhere in your Geocaching.com profile or account the coins must be activated.

However there are other websites where you can list your trader coins, keeper coins and seekers without having to activate anything. For those look for the links in forum poster's siglines to their trading lists.

Thanks. I think I have seen those links before.

What kind of scoot?