Bug? with Ad's on search pages around caches

trainlove

I just noticed that the Advertisements are gone but I'm assuming that's only temporary as I have not read anything about that.

Here is a strange situation that did occur with the Ad's when they were there. In a nutshell it appears that the Ad's cover up a cache or two when searching around another cache.

Below will be 3 unedited screenshots of 3 searches in a particular area, but here is a summary:

A. Near The Bridge cache.

B Test Bore cache.

C. Rocky Trail cache.

A is 0.1 miles from B, and A is 0.3 miles from C. A shows up on both searches around B and C.

Therefore B is 0.1 miles from A (but somehow isn't), and B is 0.2 miles from C (yes). B only shows on the search page from C it is somehow invisible on the search page from A.

Therefore C is 0.3 miles from A (yes), and C is 0.2 miles from B (also yes). C shows up on both search pages from A and B.

At first I thought it was that the Ad's were covering up that cache, but 0.1 miles ends before the Ad's start so that's not what happened. And there are 20 caches on each page so if any are covered that means that the last cache really is the 22 or 23 or 24'th actual cache around a particular point.

Then I thought that the cache was as yet unpublished, but it shows up on the other search so that's not it.

I'm at a loss for understanding the disrepency.

Here are the images:

A:

gc1488w2sno.jpg

B:

gc148941nyes2syes.jpg

C:

gc1489c2nyes.jpg

If or when the Ad's come back please correct this issue or put in a disclaimer something like:

All search results, with Advertisements, are not necessarily complete, there could be a mysterious dissappearance of one or more caches so perform multiple searches if in doubt. I.E. Do not assume that there is no cache between x.x miles and y.y miles where x.x and y.y straddle an advertisement.