September Calendar Wallpaper

SUp3rFM & Cruella

But... you got the wrong building on the description. :rolleyes:

@ http://www.geocaching.com/goodies/

This month Signal visits the building Casa Milà, better known as La Pedrera (Catalan for 'The Quarry'), designed by the Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí. It is located in the Eixample district of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.

That's not "Casa Milà", that's actually "Casa Batlló", also from Gaudi - Link. Other than that, great art work.

We just got back from there, once again. Everyone should make a trip to Barcelona. :huh:

And... when we were there in April'06, we had still time to grab this one - GCVAAW - Batlló - Our log.

Just noticed that this error is also on the geocaching.com homepage...

It's like showing a picture of the Chrysler building in NY and describing it as the Empire State building. :huh:

that is most certanly casa batilló. the house is located tight in the corner of passieg de gracia and carrer d' arrago. (latitude: 41.391829 longitude: 2.164822). this picture is a givets pretty good desctiptin of the facade.

Edited by rmd
Just noticed that this error is also on the geocaching.com homepage...

It's like showing a picture of the Chrysler building in NY and describing it as the Empire State building. :P

I don't see that on the home page. If you are talking about the gallery rotation, the cacher would have identified that wrong and not the site I think. They just show a picture but don't modify anything submitted by the cacher.

Good catch on the wallpaper. Looking at the "goodies" page, it has been corrected.

Yes, on the Goodies Page it has been corrected and there were some links added - perfect.

This month Signal is visiting Casa Batlló, designed by Antoni Gaudí and Josep Maria Jujol and built in years 1905–1907. The local name for the building is Casa dels ossos (House of Bones).

Still, at the homepage you can still read this:

batlohphw1.jpg

Btw, at the same time I started the thread, I've also sent a mail to contact@geocaching.com notifying about the error.

Edited by SUp3rFM & Cruella

As long as we're talking about names in that part of Spain, the designation of Barcelona-area caches as in "Cataluña" is odd. That's the Spanish, rather than the Catalan, name for the region. It should really be "Catalunya".

Even weirder, gc.com's designation of "Cataluña" doesn't seem to extend to caches in other cities in the province, like Girona or Figueres.

This probably isn't a high priority, but someone should fix it. :P