Windows Vista OS

Charlie777

Just got a new computer with Windows Vista on it. I have not been successful in HotSyncing my Palm IIIe (yes, I know it's ancient) using the USB to Serial adapter that I always used. I'm surmising that the adapter and drivers are not Vista-compatible. I can no longer do the "send to GPS" from a cache page either. Has anyone who has Windows Vista experienced the same problems, and if so, did you find a solution. I can no longer send waypoints to my GPSr from GSAK either. It's making me crazy... Does anyone know of a USB to serial adapter that is Windows Vista compatible (without costing a fortune)? Suggestions are most welcome! Thanks!

Just got a new computer with Windows Vista on it. I have not been successful in HotSyncing my Palm IIIe (yes, I know it's ancient) using the USB to Serial adapter that I always used. I'm surmising that the adapter and drivers are not Vista-compatible. I can no longer do the "send to GPS" from a cache page either. Has anyone who has Windows Vista experienced the same problems, and if so, did you find a solution. I can no longer send waypoints to my GPSr from GSAK either. It's making me crazy... Does anyone know of a USB to serial adapter that is Windows Vista compatible (without costing a fortune)? Suggestions are most welcome! Thanks!

I have Vista and haven't encountered a problem with the "send to GPS" feature of gc.com and I haven't had problems with GSAK and my GPS . However, I am not using an adapter, either. Have you gone to the Vista area to see if there are drives you can download/upgrade?

I've got Vista, have had no problems syncing .pdb's or anything else to my Sony Clie SJ22 (circa 1993/94?). One thing I did have to do was set the instapp.exe (the installer utility that actually handles installs) and the sync tool (the thing that runs in system tray and handles communication to the device) to run as an administrator. You might try that, or also try XP mode.

What happens when you try to sync, what behavior do you see?