GPSMap 60Csx can't DL routes w/o being truncated?

SuaveGato

Hello folks, yes I'm a noob here but NOT new to forums. I've spent the last 1.5 searching and reading, assuming this topic to be covered adnauseam but I CAN'T FIND IT? I have a GPS Map 60Csx and I am making some routes with NavTech's TERRAIN NAVIGATOR. When I send a route to my GPSr it only sends the first part of it and my unit displays, "ROUTE TRUNCATED". Is there any work around for this? Otherwise, how do I get my long a** routes into my GPSr, 1 mile at a time? I have a 1 Gig Micro SD card, so I'm sure there is plenty of room...

thanks,

biGjOhn

Could you clarify if you're trying to transfer it as a route or as a tracklog? Routes are limited to 250 points each while a tracklog can be up to 10,000 points.

Routes: 50 reversible routes with up to 250

points each, plus MOB and TracBack

modes

Tracks: 10K point automatic track log; 20 saved

tracks 500 points each let you retrace

your path in both directions

Hello and thanks for the reply. What I am trying to do is plot out a route on my PC using my Navtech Terrain Navigator software. (“GPS compatible”) It has a function that then allows me to export my route to my GPS unit. But when I do that, the route is truncated… It’s just like if I use tracks for a long trip. Then dump the track onto my PC with MapSource and clear it from the unit. If I then try to load that track back onto my unit it gets truncated. I think cuz it’s limited to 500 points except for the “ACTIVE LOG”. At least that’s what I gather from this post that I found:

In Mapsource, just right click the track you want to rename and select properties. The name will be highlighted at the top, just change it to Active Log. A word of warning, this will wipe out your current active log on your GPS and the uploaded track will slowly be overwritten with your latest wanderings. You are better off to do as Hiker2008 suggested and reduce the size of the track to 500 points in Mapsource and then load it as a saved track (right click the track, select properties and use the options available under the "Filter" button). You can also just cut your track into multiple pieces with the track editing tool if you don't want to generalize the track with a filter. (ie. a 1500 point track = three 500 pt tracks).

If that is true, man that sucks that it is limited to ONLY 500 points! Esp. since I upgraded to a 1 gig micro SD card, I should be able to store tens of thousands of points on that card! Oh well, looks like I will have to either rename it “active log” but then not be able to use tracks, make a whole bunch of tiny routes that are less than 500 points or filter my routes down so that they aren’t as accurate and have fewer points… which sux for following trails in the mountains, esp. at night! Oh well, love my unit otherwise,

Thanks,

biGjOhn