Caching during European trip

BrklynDox

We do this quite often as our mapping software leaves alot to the imagination. :)

I live in a town of around 18,000 (I think) and it shows TWO roads!! :)

But then again I still print of every cache page that I have planned to hunt for on any particular day.

So here is what I do as an example:

Plan going to soccer game in near by city.

Work out where game is and plan route.

Find out what caches are near or on route.

Print caches (or retrieve from folder if already printed)

Check what intersection/streets it is near on Googlemaps.

Draw sketch on printed page (just as a quick guide).

Load into gps.

Yes a long process, but with two little ones I still need to be picky about what we hunt to ensure everyone has fun.

I will be in Portugal at the beginning of October and plan to do some simple caching while there. Don't want to purchase European maps, so I plan to use paper maps and GPS together. Anyone have this experience? Would enjoy hearing your suggestions.

:D

On any cache page, click on 'geocaching.com google map'. Then at the top there is a search window. Type Portugal, then click 'search by address'. This will place the map in Portugal. Zoom out until you can begin to see caches appearing and then navigate the map along your planned route of travel. Pretty cool ain't it? :):D:)

Edited by Team Cotati

I will be in Portugal at the beginning of October and plan to do some simple caching while there. Don't want to purchase European maps, so I plan to use paper maps and GPS together. Anyone have this experience? Would enjoy hearing your suggestions.

:P

On any cache page, click on 'geocaching.com google map'. Then at the top there is a search window. Type Portugal, then click 'search by address'. This will place the map in Portugal. Zoom out until you can begin to see caches appearing and then navigate the map along your planned route of travel. Pretty cool ain't it? :D;):)

YES! I was looking for that feature, as I used to use it prior to the website redesign. Thanks for the tip. That will do the trick, particularly as I already am quite familiar with the area I will be visiting.

:D:):D