Your suggestion for a newbie

sparxomatic

Welcome to the Forums! :anicute:

I am not familiar with the Magellan. I think people who have them are happy with their performance. However, if you need Customer Service, good luck . . . Many people report terrible problems with Magellan's Customer Service, while Garmin's is known to be excellent!

I just purchased a Garmin Vista HCx as an upgrade to my very reliable Vista C. That unit, including the cost of the data card, cost less than $250.00. Garmin's street maps are also said to be better than Magellan's, but I don't know that for sure.

Hey all Im very new to this site and need your advice.I just bought the Magellan explorist 500, and I have a week to return it if its not the right one for me. Anyways what do you all think about this gps--or should I return it and get a different one? Any advice would be appreciated. thanx
Magellan has just come out with a new Triton series that comes with a high sensitivity GPS chip. I would go with that or a Garmin HCX series. I can't vouch for any customer service problems with Magellan. The people I know that have them seem to like them.