can't find TB by name or number

geo climber

I searched for this but can't find an answer on the forum.

I retrieved a TB from a cache where it wasn't listed in the cache inventory. I tried searching for it as a trackable item by both number and name but it doesn't seem to exist. The tag attached to it is handwritten. The TB number is 5103626, and name is "MAX Power", a toy soldier.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

That Max Power TB that I linked to appears to have a number of copies floating around, so I still think that might be it (or one of them, anyway). From reading the logs, it seems like some copies have been made that use home-made tags.

But I don't know how you can log it, since the The TB number you are showing has too many digits. You could send an email to TheDeviousMaxPower and ask if the bug you have might be one of his.

But I don't know how you can log it, since the The TB number you are showing has too many digits. You could send an email to TheDeviousMaxPower and ask if the bug you have might be one of his.

Thanks. I will do that and report back.

I got an answer back from TheDeviousMaxPower. It is one of his and I can log it by dropping the last digit from the TB number, so it's 510362. I guess the last digit may refer to which copy it is. I'm still somewhat unclear on the concept here.

If you took the bug you'll need to do a log where you choose Retrieve. This will put it in your inventory so you will be able to drop it into another cache listing later.

Also, you don't want to post tracking numbers on line, bad people will use it to log it and possible move it around improperly.

If you took the bug you'll need to do a log where you choose Retrieve. This will put it in your inventory so you will be able to drop it into another cache listing later.

Also, you don't want to post tracking numbers on line, bad people will use it to log it and possible move it around improperly.

As I originally stated, this TB wasn't in the cache TB inventory, so there was no option to log it as "Retrieved". Therefore I have logged it as "Discovered". When logged as "Discovered" it is not added to my TB inventory.

Since it's a signature item TB, I have the option to keep it or move it on according to its owner. Do you know otherwise?

If the bug has multiple copies out there, it is subject to being locked. The owner should edit his page and call in the copy tags. It's too confusing for the people logging it. And it is considered virtual abuse of the geocaching.com system and is not allowed.

As far as not getting it into your inventory using the "discover log", discovering it will not put it into your inventory. You can "grab it from somewhere else" if you can't retrieve it from the cache. This will put it into your inventory.