60scx and the geocaching web site

Hello i have been trying to download from the geocaching web site and my 60csx just wont do it. I am a Member so i thought it would work but... So the only place i have been able to get caches from is Garmins web site but i would like to use the geocach site instead. Is this possible or what am i doing wrong.

Denver

Daytonpaintballz@aol.com

If you've not installed the 'Garmin Communicator' plugin, you'll need to do that first. That's the piece that allows the browser to communicate with the GPS, and you can find it here. That said, I've been having a few minor issues with the geocaching site the past few days - a few caches that consistently will not transmit to the GPS, though all the others will.

Edited by TypoWiz

Since you are a Premium Member, you can create Pocket Queries, which can contain as many as 500 caches in a file that is emailed to you.

EasyGPS is one program that you can use to send all those caches to your GPSr at one time. Other people also find GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) to be helpful, particularly if they need to do a lot of filtering of caches in a "cache-rich" area, or if they are traveling.

I installed the Garmin Communicator plug in and every time I try to download from the Geocaching site it says that it is not unlocked. What does that mean and how do you unlock it. Garmins install says it is working. I am a premium member and use PQs but once in a while I just need to download a couple of new caches so this would be a nice feature if I could get it to work.

I installed the Garmin Communicator plug in and every time I try to download from the Geocaching site it says that it is not unlocked. What does that mean and how do you unlock it. Garmins install says it is working. I am a premium member and use PQs but once in a while I just need to download a couple of new caches so this would be a nice feature if I could get it to work.

Help! I have the same problem. When I try to download a waypoint, as per Geocaching site instructions, I get "not unlocked" message. I dowloaded from Garmin's website, as per Geocaching instructions, and as per Garmin's instructions checked to see if the Garmin Communicator plug-in is working and it is according to Garmin. How do I unlock this or is something else wrong?

I haven't tried to download directly from the geocaching.com site. I go to garmin's site and then to your garmine (top right). There is a geocaching selection. Go there, input your zip or the zip of the area you want to find sites for and it will take you to a sort of geocaching.com site. You can pick caches and see the description just as though you were on the geo site. In fact, it takes you there. You put a check mark next to the caches you want and it downloads.

May sound confusing and I could redo this as I go through the process if needed but I did it right away.

If you haven't already done so create create an account for the mygarmine section of the site and poke around in there a bit. Go Geocaching is the button you want.