how to place a geocoin

spudnick6

how do i place a geo coin and log it when i am staring a new geo i been looking around to find out how to do so.If you could help me that would be great.

If this is a new geocoin that your purchased first you need to click on the trackable item link on the left hand side of the page and enter the tracking number and go through the activation page to activate it (like a travel bug). Then the coin will be in your inventory and you can drop it into a cache just like any other travel bug.

If this is a coin you found in a cache you will need to enter the tracking number and log that you found it and it will be added to your inventory so you can drop it in a cache.

If this is going in a new cache that you are putting out just post a note to like you would a found it! log on the cache and write something like coin drop and drop the coin from your inventory into the cache.

Hope this helps. If you are still confused please try to write again with some more details about your exact situation.

Welcome to the fun!

Go back to the Geocaching Homepage.

On the top left corner 2 boxes above Forums is a box called Trackable Items. Click on it. You'll see 3 big boxes: one is labelled GEOCOINS and has a number of links including "Geocoin FAQ" (frequently asked questions) and "How to Log a Geocoin". It's all very self explanatory.