City Navigator 2008 and CN NT 2008

csacsa

Am I correct after reading all the posts, that both the CN2008 and CN NT 2008 are both available now? And if so, both of them will work just fine in my 60CSX?

Either version will work fine in your unit. Since you have the "x" unit it can take advantage of the NT compression and use that version. You can fit the entire US, Canada, and Puerto Rico maps on a single 1GB microSD card. The non-NT version needs a 2GB microSD card to hold that info.

I spoke with a technical rep regarding an issue I was having with my 76CSx and, while I had him on the phone, I asked which version I should purchase. He said that for the "x" units he would definitely get the NT version. However, he didn't really give me any specific reason for that other than the fact that it requires a lot less room to store that version. I would guess that one advantage of the NT version would be fewer map segments which would allow you to add more TOPO segments if desired before running into the 1025 segment limit.

Am I correct after reading all the posts, that both the CN2008 and CN NT 2008 are both available now? And if so, both of them will work just fine in my 60CSX?

Either version will work fine in your unit. Since you have the "x" unit it can take advantage of the NT compression and use that version. You can fit the entire US, Canada, and Puerto Rico maps on a single 1GB microSD card. The non-NT version needs a 2GB microSD card to hold that info.

I spoke with a technical rep regarding an issue I was having with my 76CSx and, while I had him on the phone, I asked which version I should purchase. He said that for the "x" units he would definitely get the NT version. However, he didn't really give me any specific reason for that other than the fact that it requires a lot less room to store that version. I would guess that one advantage of the NT version would be fewer map segments which would allow you to add more TOPO segments if desired before running into the 1025 segment limit.

I put 1821 maps on my 2 gig card with total size of 1848.7 MB.

Seems to be working great, other then once i tried to do a trip clear accross the USA and it said that it ran out of memory. For local trips, it seems to guide me there ok, and topo also seems to work in that area once i change map to topo.....

Since i'm over the 1025 segment limit (1821), what can i expect to happen?

--danny