Anyone have a bad experience with ordering a bug?

broncoman529

I ordered a travel bug last month from geocaching.com/Groundspeak, thinking it would be to me soon and I could come up with a theme and place it. Well, I got an e-mail from Sunrise ID (?) saying that my package had been returned to them, and did I want a credit?

No, I don't want a credit; I want the bug! I didn't return it, myself, so who did!?

They said that they'd ship it back out again on August 11th. It's the 22nd and I STILL don't have my travel bug!

Has anyone else had any kind of problems? I'm really confused and I just want my bug!

I ordered a travel bug last month from geocaching.com/Groundspeak, thinking it would be to me soon and I could come up with a theme and place it. Well, I got an e-mail from Sunrise ID (?) saying that my package had been returned to them, and did I want a credit?

No, I don't want a credit; I want the bug! I didn't return it, myself, so who did!?

They said that they'd ship it back out again on August 11th. It's the 22nd and I STILL don't have my travel bug!

Has anyone else had any kind of problems? I'm really confused and I just want my bug!

I placed an order last Thursday (including TBs) and got an email that it was shipped on Friday. It is scheduled to be delivered by UPS this Friday.

It sounds like yours was returned by the shipper. Did you track the shipment online?

Edited by UncleJimbo

It sounds like yours was returned by the shipper. Did you track the shipment online?

I didn't track it, but only because it didn't come with any tracking info. I was informed by Paul at Sunrise ID via e-mail that it had been returned, which is where I asked him to send it again. He's supposed to be looking into the latest delivery being way late from the shipping department for me, but has not responded back yet.

Edited by broncoman529

I orderd five bugs from them and they arrived just fine. Now the problem is they all had the same activation code (WORLD). But you try to activate and your told the code is not valid. The packs say to activate at www.cluebugs.com which is defunct. So now what, you get them and there no good!!!

I will assume, for the sake of argument, that UPS tried to deliver yours. (USPS just drops things in the mail box. Though USPS will return things for bad shipping address, or operator error.)

UPS, on the other hand, will have different criteria, depending on where you live. (They don't want it known, but there are some places where they will not even attempt a delivery!) Generally, in my neghborhood UPS will deliver late, knock on the door if she sees my lights on, or my car in the driveway, and drop the carton by the door. That should be the case with something inexpensive, like TB tags. In other places, that might not happen.

(Edit of a bit too much ranting.) :D

Face it. UPS is not designed for at home deliveries. UPS does not like them and charges a surcharge for them!

Your shipment may have run into one or more of these problems. Next time request USPS. I can drive to the post office more conveniently than UPS.

Edited by Harry Dolphin