Local reviewer

Fuzznut

We just started geo caching and want to place a cache. We were hoping that we could identify the local reviewer for Western New York to ask a few questions about obtaining permission. We have looked on different websites for local municipalities to determine caching policies and have found nothing. We have found several caches but only the ones in Alleghany State Park look like they have permission. Help! ZFamily Fuzznuts

This may be a dumb question...where on the cache listing is the reviewer who publishe it? It isn't the person who placed the cache is it? I am assuming that it isn't because isn't the reviewer the person who checks it? Sorry if I sound dumb....

check the logs online, the first one is the reviewer publishing the cache.

This may be a dumb question...where on the cache listing is the reviewer who publishe it? It isn't the person who placed the cache is it? I am assuming that it isn't because isn't the reviewer the person who checks it? Sorry if I sound dumb....

check the logs online, the first one is the reviewer publishing the cache.

But only if it's a relatively new cache.

Relatively new? If you show all logs for any cache that's been around since late July of 2005, it should have a "publish" log on it, unless the cache owner deleted it. I found this cache that has the log (you just have to look at ALL of the logs).

For the Chicago area's active caches, caches placed after that cache's "date placed" account for about 2/3 of the caches.

Now - reviewers changing? That's a different story. You might want to make sure it's a recent cache just to make sure it's a recent reviewer.

Edited by Markwell