Geocaching site improvement suggestions

chaunce

**I didn't see this topic anywhere else yet, if it already exists then I will move this post over to it.**

I had sent in a couple of suggestions to Geocaching and they said to post a forum thread, so here it is.

1. Ability to search for a user and then be able to submit request for "friendship" after locating them

2. Ability to have more than one home location to watch and receive immediate updates on new caches. For example, my girlfriend and I cache a lot now and we live in different locations and also work in different locations, but we both use my account. It would be nice to be able to receive an email for several zip codes whenever a new cache pops up.

3. This one ties into the one above, the ability to have more than one email address the can receive an email on new cache listings.

1. Ability to search for a user and then be able to submit request for "friendship" after locating them

http://www.geocaching.com/email/

After looking up the user, send a message with a check in the box for "Send Friend Request"

2. Ability to have more than one home location to watch and receive immediate updates on new caches. For example, my girlfriend and I cache a lot now and we live in different locations and also work in different locations, but we both use my account. It would be nice to be able to receive an email for several zip codes whenever a new cache pops up.

http://www.geocaching.com/notify/

3. This one ties into the one above, the ability to have more than one email address the can receive an email on new cache listings.

Not built into GC.com. but you can use a service like gmail to auto-forward emails to multiple addresses.

Edited by Stunod

Guess I was too slow, but since I already typed it out, here you go...

**I didn't see this topic anywhere else yet, if it already exists then I will move this post over to it.**

I had sent in a couple of suggestions to Geocaching and they said to post a forum thread, so here it is.

You can do this now when you use the "find another player" link. Once you choose a name from the list, you have three options when you send them a note. One of the options is "Send Friend Request".

As a Premium Member, you can set up multiple notication rules. I get notifications for caches near home and near work.

You could either set up an autoforward rule in your e-mail client or have your girlfriend create her own account, even if she doesn't necessarily plan to log caches under that name.

Edited by DudleyGrunt