Mobile "My Account" page

Genoist

I really like using the WAP page to look up a cache if I already know the GCID, but it really sucks when you have no data at all to begin with. I personally think that a mobile "my account" page would be great. Maybe wap.geocaching.com/my or something like that. I would love to be able to filter out caches that I have already found. That would make it much easier to find new caches, or pick a cache that I would like to find during lunch break during work.

I was also thinking that a 'high end' mobile site would be nice as well for those of us who use PDA phones, or regular phones with more advanced web browsers on them. The existing site is great for older phones that are mainly only capable of text-only browsing. I figure that a lot of geocachers are technology buffs, so I wouldn't be suprised if there are a lot of cachers out there with wireless enabled PDA's, PDA phones, or high end standard phones who would benefit from a higher end mobile site.

But all-in-all, I would settle for, and be happy with, my first idea, of a mobile "my account" site, and the ability to filter out found caches from search results.

I really like using the WAP page to look up a cache if I already know the GCID, but it really sucks when you have no data at all to begin with. I personally think that a mobile "my account" page would be great. Maybe wap.geocaching.com/my or something like that. I would love to be able to filter out caches that I have already found. That would make it much easier to find new caches, or pick a cache that I would like to find during lunch break during work.

I was also thinking that a 'high end' mobile site would be nice as well for those of us who use PDA phones, or regular phones with more advanced web browsers on them. The existing site is great for older phones that are mainly only capable of text-only browsing. I figure that a lot of geocachers are technology buffs, so I wouldn't be suprised if there are a lot of cachers out there with wireless enabled PDA's, PDA phones, or high end standard phones who would benefit from a higher end mobile site.

But all-in-all, I would settle for, and be happy with, my first idea, of a mobile "my account" site, and the ability to filter out found caches from search results.

Lets see...

I use the WAP interface for my phone so that I don't have to spend 5 minuites to find the GC page I need.

Having used other 'nicer' blackberry styled phones, I'd just say use www.geocaching.com. Its that simple.

Ohh yeah, what Would be nice is to have wap.geocaching.com/my with a NON-Ads version, maybe only have the activity you've done in the last 10 days, and also be able to look at peoples profiles(or at least other Hides list) could be useful.

The Steaks

I use a Treo 650 - WAP site when I need to check something quickly, and full site when I want to check more detail. The cookies are screwed up, so I have it go to the login page for my bookmark. I sign in, and then use the "Hide and seek a cache page" because within a few seconds, enough loads to type in a waypoint.

A mobile site somewhere in between would be nice. My Account page is worthless when I've done a lot of caching in the last month, because it is too much for the memory to download.

Having recently used the WAP site for the first time I think it's excellent when out in the field on holiday, without access to a PC.

I think keeping it simple using WAP is great as is makes it fast and cheap to use.

I'd like to see an cut down '/my' page, even if it only lists basic stats, such as your total number of finds and the most recent 10 finds.

In summary, I think the current wap.geocaching.com site is really useful but could be vastly improved with a very small amount of development.

Cheers,

Rich