The future of geocaching?

I do not understand why they seek them and then claim a find when its clearly not a cache they enjoyed.

I don't know, I guess if you went through all that and signed the log.... Does signing the log equal approval? Yeah, actually it might. I was FTF on a cache that was outside guidelines. I told the owner - they archived it - and I didn't claim a find.

Was I wrong? Right? I figured gc.com wouldn't have listed it had they'd known the real story, and they would have delisted if it hadn't been archived by the owner. No, I don't claim caches that aren't or shouldn't have been listed here.

When we see a cache in an area that doesnt look like it will be fun, we drive away.

That might start a discussion about areas you'd drive away from. That might be a discussion better left for another thread.

I do not understand why they seek them and then claim a find when its clearly not a cache they enjoyed.

I don't know, I guess if you went through all that and signed the log.... Does signing the log equal approval? Yeah, actually it might.
I don't think logging them is approving them. I couldn't remember half the caches I logged when I was gung-ho, but I went through my list and logged them all. However, I always remembered the ones I liked and I always wrote something extra on those. I still do that, except now I am ignoring the ones I think I won't like. So I will never log those.

I don't know, I guess if you went through all that and signed the log.... Does signing the log equal approval? Yeah, actually it might.

A couple of cachers recently did an entire series in one day, clearly hating it from the beginning, yet followed all dozen or so of the caches, writing nasty logs on them. That is what I dont get. Why would anyone continue a series they hated doing?

A couple of cachers recently did an entire series in one day, clearly hating it from the beginning, yet followed all dozen or so of the caches, writing nasty logs on them. That is what I dont get. Why would anyone continue a series they hated doing?

masochism

Do you have a link?

Several aspects of this thread bother me.

Geocaching is totally voluntary and the hunt can be stopped at any time. If I can't find the cache, big deal.

If I do find it but don't like the contents, so what, I was not forced to open it.

If a cache has been disabled, archived, or not maintained, life goes on.

On the other hand, if I place a cache and someone writes something negative about it, so what? They are free to do so even if they use profanity.

Any adults in the room?

Edited by rlridgeway
Several aspects of this thread bother me.

Geocaching is totally voluntary and the hunt can be stopped at any time. If I can't find the cache, big deal.

If I do find it but don't like the contents, so what, I was not forced to open it.

If a cache has been disabled, archived, or not maintained, life goes on.

On the other hand, if I place a cache and someone writes something negative about it, so what? They are free to do so even if they use profanity.

Any adults in the room?

I wouldn't go as far as using profanity, but I do think that people have the right to be honest in their logs. Sometimes the owners and future finders need to know certain things about that cache. :lol: