Garmin Venture CX

mbbaumann

:unsure: I have had my Garmin Etrex Venture CX for less than a year and already the rubber piece that surrounds the entire unit is coming loose, the glue seems to be failing. I have attempted to get through to Garmin's on line product support but I have been unsuccessful. Is anyone having the same problem? Any thoughts on solutions?

Michael

I have had the same problem with this. I have sent mine back twice in less than a year. Garmin has been great with replacing my unit. Though I think the rubber is going to be a problem on all these units. Be sure not to let it get to hot. Do not leave it lay in the windshield of your car.

I had two legendC models that had the rubber come loose, and garmin replaced both of them without any issues. if you want to get ahold of garmin call, I find if I email I usually get a can response if any at all.

My vistaCX seems the rubber is much better glued on, but now I am a bit more careful of using the unit. I never leave it in a hot car or get it wet.

Garmin replaced my Vista C when the rubber came loose. There is a thread in these Forums about what works best to repair it yourself. If you do a "Search," you will probably find it. Seems to me someone had good success with a silicon glue.

However, if the unit is still under warranty, you may as well have Garmin take care of it. Instead of sending the unit in, I believe they will send you a kit to repair it yourself.

Ive had my Legend open a couple of times to fix the "lines across the screen" problem. This requires removing the rubber band and the clear tape under it. After cleaning all of the adhesive gunk, I tried to reattach the rubber band with a couple of different glues but none held.

What I finally found that works is a product called Badge Magic. It is made for attaching patches to uniforms but works great for lots of other stuff. It has held my rubber band in place, even on the corner where I tore the band, for more than a year with no signs of coming loose.

Garmin sent me an RMA number and has promised to send it or a replacement back in 7 business days. I am going to ship my unit off after Labor Day Weekend (can't miss some prime geocaching opportunities after dropping my son off at college in NY). I'll let you know how it goes.

:( I have had my Garmin Etrex Venture CX for less than a year and already the rubber piece that surrounds the entire unit is coming loose, the glue seems to be failing. I have attempted to get through to Garmin's on line product support but I have been unsuccessful. Is anyone having the same problem? Any thoughts on solutions?

Michael

CALL THEM. 1-800-800-1020

I've dealt with Garmin repair a couple of times and they are GREAT. Don't waste your time trying to do it online. Give them a call. It's free and they will take good care of you.